Hunter H-Shield NBH-Shield NB is a rigid roof insulation composite panel composed of a closed cell polyisocyanurate foam core manufactured on-line to a fiber reinforced facer on one side and either 7⁄16" or 5⁄8" oriented strand board (OSB) on the other. H-Shield NB can also be manufactured off-line using a FM approved adhesive.
PREMIUM PERFORMANCE ATTRIBUTES
- Manufactured with NexGen Chemistry: Contains no CFCs, HCFCs, HFCs, is Zero ODP, EPA Compliant, and has virtually no GWP
- A superior combination of high insulating properties and a nailable surface
- Suitable for new construction and re-roofing on both commercial and residential projects
- Incorporates APA-TECO Rated Exposure 1 OSB
- The edges of the wood panels are rabbeted to allow for expansion and contraction of the wood, the foam edges shall be installed tightly to achieve thermal integrity across the entire roof deck
- Also available as a non-rabbeted panel upon special request only
- H-Shield NB is also available bonded to plywood in an off-line process
- Hail Rating: SH-1, VSH in approved assemblies
SIP WD Fastener for wood
SIP SD Fastener for mechanical attachment to corrugated metal decking.
SIP HD Fastener for mechanical attachment to 16 gauge or greater corrugated metal decking.