What is the NFPA 285?
- Pass Fail Fire Performance System Test
- Measures the performance of wall systems and their components when wrapped in combustible materials
- Required by code(Chapter 14 and 26 IBC)
Why is the NFPA 285 important?
- Building occupant and fire safety issue
- CI Codes are increasingly being adopted into state codes
- Without proper documentation:
- Project stops until documentation is provided
- One or multiple materials maybe removed or changed
- Building envelope redesign
- Video: Understanding NFPA Compliance
- NFPA Website
- Hunter Xci NFPA On-line Assembly App
- NFPA 285 Engineering Extension of Tested Assemblies by Applied Building Technology Group